Kingfisher Tea Room
Selection of local ice creams and home made pastries and slices - with some items on our menu suitable for vegetarians, diabetics and coeliacs. Family friendly. Hot and light lunches and teas. We are separate from the gardens - there is no charge to come to the plant sales, shop or cafe.
Our award-winning tea room was opened in July 2008, and specialises in catering for vegetarians, coeliacs and diabetics. We cook to order and wherever possible we use fresh local produce, including Ronaldo's ice cream, Broadland ham and a selection of home-grown fruit and vegetables.
If you don't have time for a walk, or the weather isn't too nice, you are always welcome to call in for a cup of fair-trade tea and a slice of homemade cake.
50 covers inside, a further 80 outside.
Free entry to cafe.
Homemade scones with jam and clotted cream
Val Noon, Sally Randell, Tracey Matthews
VenueFairhaven Woodland and Water Garden
School Road, South Walsham, Norfolk, NR13 6DZ
Map reference: TG 368133 Lat: 52.66604 Long: 1.50154
Sign posted on A47 at B1140 junction. We are opposite South Walsham Village hall and Fairhaven Primary School.
By Public Transport:
There is no direct public transport route to Fairhaven Gardens from Wroxham and Hoveton. For public transport timetables and information call 0871 200 2233 or visit traveline.org.uk
Nearest station : 4 miles (6.4 kms) from Acle station
EDP Norfolk Tourism Awards - Sustainable Tourism.
Green Tourism Business Scheme - Silver Awad.
Berry Savory Tourism Award - Excellence in Tourism.
Part of WTGNN & NTAA & Norfolk Tourism Forum.
Also at this venue
Events at this venue
|Thu 28 Mar 2013 - Sun 3 Nov 2013||Geocache Trail|
|Sat 25 May 2013 - Sun 2 Jun 2013||Butterfly Safari|
|Sat 25 May 2013||Flower Photography|
|Wed 12 Jun 2013||Ghost Walk|
|Sun 23 Jun 2013||Green Festival|
|Fri 5 Jul 2013||Sherlock Holmes|
|Sun 7 Jul 2013||Taverham Brass Band|
|Sun 14 Jul 2013||Norfolk Dixieland Jazz Quartet|
|Sun 21 Jul 2013||The Castaways|
|Sun 28 Jul 2013||The Clarinet Connection|
|Wed 31 Jul 2013||Wildlife Explorers|
|Sun 4 Aug 2013||The He Hews|
|Wed 7 Aug 2013||Wildlife Explorers|
|Sun 11 Aug 2013||Any Swing Goes|
|Wed 14 Aug 2013||Ghost Walk|
|Wed 14 Aug 2013||Wildlife Explorers|
|Sun 18 Aug 2013||Great Yarmouth Brass|
|Wed 21 Aug 2013||Wildlife Explorers|
|Sun 25 Aug 2013||Sutton Jazz Quartet|
|Wed 28 Aug 2013||Children's Day|
|Sat 31 Aug 2013||Fairhaven Dog Day|
|Sat 12 Oct 2013||Fungi Foray|
|Sat 19 Oct 2013||Fungi Photography|
|Sat 26 Oct 2013 - Sun 3 Nov 2013||Grow Your Own Oak Tree Week|
|Tue 29 Oct 2013||Bird Day|
|Thu 31 Oct 2013||Halloween|
|Sun 17 Nov 2013||Autumn Tour|
|Sun 15 Dec 2013||Father Christmas and his Reindeer|
|Thu 26 Dec 2013||Boxing Day Walk|
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is gravel
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Visitor information available in audio format
- Hearing loop installed in public areas
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu
- Hearing loop system
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Wheelchairs provided
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system
Full access by wheelchair to all facilities, including gardens. Mobility scooters advised, hire available please ask for more details. Hearing loop-in facilities and some Braille information points in garden.