The Millennium Garden at Pensthorpe was designed by Piet Oudolf, the internationally acclaimed plantsman who has won not just a Gold Medal at The Chelsea Flower Show but also the Best in Show award. His revolutionary style of naturalistic planting fits so perfectly into the landscape at Pensthorpe that it is difficult to see where the garden begins and ends. Deep borders of grasses and perennials planted in bold drifts create dramatic waves of texture and colour. The garden was opened in 2000 by Roy Lancaster and is the largest showcase of Oudulf's work in the UK.
Pensthorpe 2012: Adults £9.75; Senior Cits (60+) £8.00; Child (4-16) £6.25.
VenuePensthorpe Wildlife & Gardens
Pensthorpe, Fakenham, Norfolk, NR21 0LN
Map reference: TF 947294 Lat: 52.82693 Long: 0.88847
One mile east of Fakenham off the A1067 Norwich to Fakenham road.
By Public Transport:
From King's Lynn station it is 20 miles to Pensthorpe Nature Reserve and Gardens.
Parking : free
Nearest station : 18 miles (29.0 kms) from King's Lynn station
Norfolk Tourism Award Winner 2005; National Environmental Award 2005, Berry Savory Award 2004/05.
Also at this venue
Events at this venue
|Sat 25 May 2013 - Sun 2 Jun 2013||Nature in Wonderland|
|Thu 25 Jul 2013 - Wed 4 Sep 2013||Summer Fun- Silver|
|Sat 24 - Mon 26 Aug 2013||Mediaeval Spectacular|
|Sat 14 Sep 2013||Specialist Plant Day|
|Sat 5, Sun 6 Oct 2013||Vintage Fair|
|Sat 26 Oct 2013 - Sun 3 Nov 2013||Trick or Tweet|
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- is gravel
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Entrance is well lit
- Baby changing facilities
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu
- Wheelchairs provided
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
Although not all of our reserve is accessible via wheel chair given the nature of the attraction, special care has been taken to provide pathways and routes with a firm surface and wheel chair friendly access, these are highlighted on our Park Guide. Every attention has been paid to accessability for all abilities and ages and our wardens and staff are happy to reserve wheel chairs and assist wherever possible